Africultures Festival 2022
Africultures Festival is an annual festival showcasing the rich heritage and cultures of Africa in Sydney, Australia.
DATE: Saturday, 7 May 2022
TIME: 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
Venue: Cathy Freeman Park, Sydney Olympic Park
About AFRICULTURES festival
Entering its 14th-year, Africultures Festival is Australia’s largest African festival showcasing the many vibrant cultures of the African continent. This one-day festival draws thousands of people from across Australia to immerse in the culture, food, music and arts of Africa. From bustling market stalls selling arts and fashion to a vibrant line up of dancers and musicians to delicious food from around Africa, this festival is a jam-packed day full of fun for the whole family.
Festival Map and Schedule
Africultures Festival takes your health and safety seriously. We will comply with NSW Government public health orders to ensure the festival is delivered in a COVID19 safe manner.
Please follow COVID-safe practices when attending the Africultures Festival
Check with Service NSW QR Code
- All patrons will be required to check in using the Service NSW QR code. This is in line with current NSW public health regulations for events. Download the app here.
Stay home if unwell
- Please stay home if you are unwell, have a cough, fever, sore throat, runny nose, fatigue, shortness of breath or any other flu-like symptoms. Please also stay home if you are waiting on the outcome of a COVID19 test.
Wear a mask
- Wear a mask if you are unable to socially distance. More information about using a face mask can be found here.
Maintain physical distancing
- Keep a distance of 1.5 metres between yourself and other people where possible, avoiding close contact with people you do not live with. More information about physical distancing can be viewed here.
Practice good hygiene
- Wash your hands frequently. Hand sanitiser is available at multiple locations on the festival site and we encourage its use. More information on hygiene can be viewed here.